Using ETHO Web Wallet
Setting up and using Etho Protocol web wallet. Setup Time: 30 minutes
This guide is for the Etho Protocol Web Wallet. This wallet is slightly different than the Desktop Wallet. The main difference is you do not need to download the entire ETHO chain and you can not use Smart Contracts. It is like a portable version of your Desktop Wallet.Thus allowing you to access it from anywhere. This guide will walk you through the setup and backup of your Etho Protocol Web Wallet.
Creating a wallet is a relatively straight forward process. However it is imperative that you save and backup your password, keystore (UTC/JSON file) and private keys. If you lose them, you will lose access to your ETHO. At present there is no way to reinstate a holders account once access has been lost. It is recommended to back them up on Password Managers, Flash Drives, and a paper copy. Also, no one at Etho Protocol will ever ask you for your password, private key or Keystore File nor should you ever share it.
It's very important to also safeguard the confidentiality of your private key and keystore file. If someone else gets this information in an unencrypted format, your ETHO may be stolen.
The Web wallet allows you to obtain an ETHO address without having to download the entire ETHO chain. It has the same functionality as a desktop wallet. Please visit the Discord channel if you have any questions, comments or concerns.
- 2.Click on WALLET at the very top of the page. You will be directed to the New Wallet page.
- 3.Enter a strong password. Click Create New Wallet
- 4.Save your Keystore File. Click on Download your Keystore File.This will download the Keystore File to your PC. It is a file that starts with UTC--201... This file is very important as it holds an encrypted version of your wallet's Private Key. Please back it up by both digital and manual means.
- 5.Ensure the location it is saved to and click Save.
- 6.Now Click on the I understand. Continue. button.
- 7.You will now see your Private KeySave it somewhere safe, save it somewhere safe, write it down and then save it somewhere safe again. It cannot be stressed how important it is to not lose this Private Key. No Private Key, no ETHO. Use the guides on the right side of the wallet page if required. You can print a copy by clicking on Print Paper WalletYou may now click on Save Your Address
- 8.Now you can access your wallet. There are several ways to access your Web Wallet. However, for the first time, you must access your wallet with the Keystore File.
- 1.Click on Keystore / JSON File from the left column.
- 2.Click on the Select Wallet File Button.
- 3.Choose the UTC--201...* file from your File Explorer location and click open.
- 4.Enter the password you created in step 3 above and click unlockIf any information is incorrect the wallet will not allow you to proceed. Simply review the information and re-enter as required.Wait a few moments and you will be able to see all your wallet information by scrolling down.Get in the habit of saving as much information as you can. Now would be a good time to create a simple Text document with all the information you now know about your wallet. Copy the wallet address, Private Key, Keystore Location, and what have you. Save it in a password protector, on some USB flash drives, write it down and print it out.Simply close the window on your browser to exit.
- 1.Click on **View Wallet Info at top of page.
- 2.Click on Private Key from the left column.
- 3.Copy then Paste your private key into the open box.
- 4.Click Unlock.
- 5.Again you can see the same information as opening with the Keystore.Simply close the window to exit the wallet.
Privacy is of utmost importance with digital currencies. If someone gets your private key, your funds will be compromised. Keep all wallet information safe and secure. Also you can never have too many backups.
Checking your balance is as easy as knowing your wallet address!